The E911/Communications Office comes under the direction of Support Services Division of Alachua County Fire Rescue. The Office is responsible for the following and other functions:
- Maintaining and ensuring the accuracy of the Automatic Location Information Database for Alachua County.
- Acting as liaison between the 911 service provider, private sector, other governmental agencies and the County's E-911 system.
- Researching and developing plans to expand and upgrade the E-911 system
- Researching the latest technologies impacting 911 and devising strategies to integrate them into the 911 system.
- Coordinating the plan of information within the county and among outside agencies.
- Coordinating with local, state and federal agencies in maintaining all mandated requirements.
- Maintaining computer-based mapping systems for emergency location purposes.
- Coordinating the collection of data for street addressing of local communities.
The E911/Communications Office is governed by Florida Statute 365.171, the statute providing the basis and funding source for Enhanced 911 systems in the state. This statute is further defined by the State of Florida 9-1-1 Emergency Telephone Number Plan.
Communications Bureau Chief