Survey Department is a new division of Real Property. The goal is to
save the taxpayers of Alachua County money by creating an in house team
that can respond more quickly to the needs of County Government.
- Enhances of the County Densification Survey of 1988
- Establishes horizontal and vertical control throughout the County
- Monuments County rights of way and drainage easements
- Assists in the development of the GIS network
- Establishes County right of way by surveying and recording maintenance maps
- Develops as-built drawings on accidents involving County vehicles.
The Survey Department offers GIS and GPS services to the governing
bodies of the outlying municipalities in Alachua County. Get more
information on this service and a request services, online or printable
The Survey Department is unable to provide surveys for the public.
Our Survey Division consists of 6 individuals , with 2 being Florida Licensed Surveyors:
- County Surveyor - Licensed surveyor with over 35 years of surveying experience in the private sector and with local government.
- Senior Survey Tech - Licensed surveyor with over 21 years of
surveying experience in the private sector and with local government.
- Survey Tech - Has over 21 years of surveying experience in the private sector.
- Survey Tech - Has over 13 years of surveying experience with the military , private sector and local government.
- Survey Aide- Two beginning survey apprentices.