An initial draft of the Preliminary Engineering Report, Environmental Assessment and the supporting engineering and environmental documents have been completed and are available on the page Maps, Presentations and Reports.
The following activities are anticipated to complete the PD&E Phase of the project:
- April-August 2009: Coordination of the project with Federal, State and local agencies through the Effective Transportation Decision Making Process.
- August-September 2009: Revisions and updates to engineering and environmental reports
- November 2011: Public hearing
- January 2012: Location and Design Concept Approval
Three projects were funded through the SAFETEA-LU earmarks for design and construction that serve as interim projects to enhance traffic flow and safety within the study area. Concept layouts for these projects are shown on the page Maps, Presentations and Reports.
The following summarizes the schedule for design and construction of these projects:
- January-June 2009: Phase 1 (30%) Plans
- June - December 2009: Phase 2 (60%) Plans
- December 2009 - March 2010: Phase 3 (90%) Plans
- March - May 2010: Final Plans
- June 2010: Advertisement
- January 2012: End Construction