- Groom adoptable animals to keep them more attractive to potential adopters.
- Brush, clip and bathe adoptable cats and dogs.
- Clean bathing area and stock grooming supplies.
- Participate in Wash Your Pet Day fundraiser for the Shelter.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- have basic experience in animal behavior and handling;
- have the ability to interact with members of the public in a warm and positive manner;
- have good verbal communication skills;
- know how to use or apply different kinds of grooming equipment and supplies;
- recognize and report health problems in adoptable animals
- Volunteers may interact with ONLY those animals already available for adoption.
- Volunteers are restricted from any interaction with incoming, stray or quarantined animals.
- Volunteers will NEVER make decisions or recommendations about which animals should be made available for adoption.
- Volunteers may interact with ONLY those members of the public who are interested
in adopting animals.
You can view a PDF Animal Groomer pamphlet.