- Spend time with adoptable dogs.
- Give adoptable dogs quality one-on-one time and attention out of their cages to promote healthy socialization skills in them.
- Walk and play with adoptable dogs.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- have a basic understanding of dog behavior;
- have the ability to handle dogs of all sizes;
- be willing to give positive attention and time to adoptable dogs;
- be willing to clean up after dogs if they eliminate outside of their kennels;
- recognize and report health problems in adoptable animals
- Volunteers may interact with ONLY those animals already available for adoption.
- Volunteers are restricted from any interaction with incoming, stray or quarantined animals.
- Volunteers will NEVER make decisions or recommendations about which animals should be made available for adoption.
You can view a PDF Dog Walker pamphlet.