- Spend quality time nurturing and playing with the adoptable cats.
- Play with one cat at a time, holding and sharing as much love as possible.
- Groom cats helping them to be more sociable.
- Assist in keeping the adoptable cat room clean and presentable to the public.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- have a basic understanding of cat behavior;
- be willing to spend time cuddling and playing with adoptable cats;
- recognize and report health problems in adoptable animals;
- be willing to take responsibility for sanitizing hands between the handling of each cat to help prevent the spread of disease.
- Volunteers may interact with ONLY those animals already available for adoption.
- Volunteers are restricted from any interaction with incoming, stray or quarantined animals.
- Volunteers may interact with ONLY those members of the public who are interested in adopting animals.
- Volunteers will NEVER make decisions or recommendations about which animals should be made available for adoption.
You can view a PDF Cat Cuddler pamphlet.