Using Pet Harbor to find animals in Alachua County
- Enter your Zip Code (or use 32609).
- Click on the "Adopt A Pet" button (you cannot get into the kennel database unless you do).
- Check off the box next to Alachua County Animal Services (and any other shelter you would like to check, or click "Check All").
- Click "Use this Shelter List".
Refining your Search
- From here, PetHarbor.com will help you refine your search, depending on what kind of animal you are looking for (dogs, cats, others), adoptable or lost.
- Then you can refine your search to filter out what particular kind of dog, cat or adoptable animal you might be looking for. If your search comes up empty, try easing up your restrictions on what particular type of dog or cat you are looking for.
- For example: Instead of searching for a particular breed like Himalayan, search for a more general description, like Domestic Longhair.
- You can also click the "Show Similar Breeds" box to expand your search, while still remaining in the same Breed Family.