ALACHUA COUNTY, FL - Alachua County is offering free training sessions on the use of eCivis' "Grants Network". The training is open to new and existing users. Three sessions (10 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3 p.m.) are offered on Monday October 26, 2009, at the Alachua County Health Department Auditorium (218 SE 24th Street, Gainesville). Each session takes about an hour and reservations are required.
The three sessions will each cover:
- Information about County Grant opportunities
- Brief overview of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) and use of grants.gov
- How to search for grants using Grants Network
- How to save grants in Grants Network
- How to e-mail grant details to others
- How to create Search Agents to let Grants Network find grants for you
- How to find help in Grants Network if you have questions
- Tips on applying for grants
Grants Network (formerly "Grants Locator") is a free, web based grant search tool that is available to the County, Constitutional Officers, the Library District municipalities and not-for-profit and faith based agencies in the County.
Ms. Amy Driver, Account Executive from eCivis will be on hand, along with John Johnson, the County Grants and Contracts Administrator.
To reserve a seat at one of these sessions, contact the Alachua County Office of Management and Budget at 352-374-5262 or email John Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org or Zeriah Folston email@example.com.
For more information about Grants Network, contact John Johnson at 352-338-7392 or click here.