ALACHUA COUNTY, FL – The Alachua County Commission will conduct its twice-monthly Regular Meeting/Public Hearing on Tuesday May 8, 2012. The Regular Meeting begins at 9 a.m. and the Public Hearing begins at 5 p.m. Both meetings are in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building located at 12 SE 1st Street, downtown Gainesville.
Items of interest at the Regular Meeting include:
13. Special Assessment Districts for the purpose of applying alternative surface treatment on graded roads that do not qualify for the County's Alternative Treatment Surface Program
14. Approve the Budget Amendment for the Poe Springs Retaining Wall
Item of interest at the Public Hearing include:
21. Presentation: Recovery Plan for the Santa Fe River Springs by Dr. Robert Knight, Director, Florida Springs Institute.
23. Public Hearing to Consider an Ordinance Extending a Six Month Moratorium on Simulated Gambling Establishments
24. Presentation and Public Workshop on the Proposed Updates to the Unified Land Development Code
View the Complete Regular/Public Hearing/Consent Agenda and Backup Materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular/Public Hearing Meetings, which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. Citizens are encouraged to attend the meetings or to view them live on Cox Channel 12 or on the County’s Video on Demand website. Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by clicking on and signing up for the following products: Facebook Twitter Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.