Return to Policy Manual Table of Contents
Personal Leave Without Pay
|Policy No.: 7-10
|Revision No.: 1
||Review Date: 03/23/2004
SCOPE: This policy applies to all Classified and Executive Service employees of the Board of County Commissioners.
3. Leave Accrual. Refer to Employee Policy #7-2, Section 2.
- General Rule. Upon written request from an employee, the department director may grant personal leave without pay for a period not to exceed 60 calendar days, provided such leave is for good cause and not detrimental to the operations of the County.
- The intention is to grant such leaves for health, education, pregnancy or pregnancy related conditions, union business or extenuating and/or extraordinary personal reasons.
- The Administrating Official may approve personal leave without pay for longer periods.
- The department will forward an Employee Action Form to the Human Resources Office if the employee is on Leave Without Pay status for more than one complete pay period.
- Seniority. Seniority shall accumulate only during the first 30 calendar days and shall be retained thereafter.
- All other accumulations of time toward increased leave accrual shall cease after the first 30 calendar days until the resumption of paid time.
4. Employee Benefits. Contact the County's Benefits Coordinator for detailed information on the impact of a leave of absence without pay on your benefits.