Return to Policy Manual Table of Contents
New Employee Orientation
|Policy No.: 4-9
|Revision No.: 1
||Review Date: 09/23/2010
OVERVIEW: This policy demonstrates the County’s commitment to providing an informative and meaningful introduction into the County service to all newly hired employees.
SCOPE: This policy applies to all newly-hired regular full and part-time employees.
- General Rule. Within the first three months of employment, all newly hired employees will attend an orientation-training program coordinated by the Human Resources Office.
- In addition, department directors may hold an additional orientation program specific to their department.
- General County Employment Information.
- The orientation session will provide information on employee policies, work requirements, and benefits.
- Information will be presented orally and supplemented with written materials as appropriate.
- Additional Training. Each department will be responsible for providing adequate on-the-job training to each employee, which will cover the employee’s position responsibilities, performance review factors, working conditions, safety requirements, a review of the Employee and Administrative Policies and Procedures and other areas.
- Forms. After receiving orientation, each employee will sign a form indicating receipt and understanding of the information provided.
- This form will be maintained in the employee’s personnel file.