Return to Policy Manual Table of Contents
Notice of Vacancy
|Policy No.: 3-3
|Revision No.: 1
||Review Date: 01/01/08
OVERVIEW: This policy describes the procedures to initiate the recruitment process.
SCOPE: This policy applies to all vacancies including temporary positions, except Unclassified Service positions.
- Notice of Vacancy. The department will initiate the recruitment process by entering a Vacancy Requisition into the Applicant Tracking System.
- The Vacancy Requisition should indicate any desirable requirements in addition to the minimum qualifications for the position.
- In advance of entering the Vacancy Requisition, the Human Resources Office must receive and approve any changes in the job description and/or minimum qualifications.
- It is the responsibility of the department director to identify the appropriate job description and/or minimum qualifications in consultation with the Human Resources Office.
- A copy of the previous incumbent’s letter of resignation or notice of termination must be forwarded to the Human Resources Office.
- To ensure that a position vacancy will be posted the following week, the Vacancy Requisition must be entered into the Applicant Tracking System by the established deadline.